Twist and Turn Tuesday!
Yes ladies it’s that time of year again it’s officially British summer time and this can only mean one thing, longer days, warm evenings and SUN SUN SUN!
Nannies get your summer wardrobe to the ready, because you know it outdoor living will soon commence I’m talking park play, paddling pools and ok I’m getting a little carried away
Today I have opted to ease in to the spring/summer style with a full length grey skirt ( keep black tights underneath as they are simple enough to take off if really needed) accompanied by this dainty white chiffon blouse, Burnt leather boots and matching leather satchel. Add a little wow factor with this bronze bead/string necklace and chunky Aztec print ring.
-Hounslow high street skirt £5
-Primark Chiffon Blouse £10
-NewLook Boots £39.99
-Portobello market Satchel £48
-Spitalfields Market Ring (2 for £5)
-MUTRAH Jewellery Necklace (priceless present)
I personally love this look as a nanny because I can feel comfortable yet still be totally who I am expressing my individual style. Sometimes we forget that how we feel can effect how the children feel, so making sure we feel confident and happy makes it all than more important id say.
Here are my five top tips to survive style as a nanny:-
1) Hair Band! Always carry a hair band with you, if things get too much and that hair has to come off your face try a cute top knot (the less perfected it is the better it will look)
2) Nails Nails Nails! to liven up a look try nail colour and art, hopefully the varnish should last for a good few days
3) Accessorise to the max! Any outfit can be transformed simply by adding a fabulous statement piece may it be a necklace, pair of earrings, scarf or bag
4) Lippy! Always carry a lipstick with you that way if you come to find yourself in a situation where the coffee guy is H O T then pop it on (who said keeping a lookout whilst working was against the rules)
5) Smell good! Carry a small bottle of perfume in your hand bag (you can now by handbag sized perfume tubes which are refillable)
Fingers Crossed that this week brings something special